Saturday, August 8, 2009

Introducing James

Hey there! I'm James Patterson. Here's a quick run-down about me:
  • I'm 18 years old
  • I'm white
  • I'm a straight male
  • I'm currently enrolled at The University of Arizona, studying systems engineering
  • I really don't enjoy writing biographies of myself
Ok, that's out of the way; onward to music! I'm a classically trained pianist, and I've been playing for 15 years (or since I was three, for those of you who are keeping count). For the first part of my life, my musical influences consisted of this "genre" almost entirely. I also spent time as a church pianist, and to this day I am involved with worship leading.

Around the age of 11, my musical horizons changed dramatically with my introduction to the album "Astro Lounge" by Smash Mouth, which I regard as being one of the better albums of all time. This began my musical roller coaster and journey into the world of modern music. Today you'll find me listening to anything from death metal to bluegrass to techno. If it's good I'll listen to it.

Which brings me to my one and only point: good music is damn hard to find. I'm never happier than when I've found new, good music, and I'm never more upset than when I'm stuck listening to trash on the radio in a mate's car. I've got high hopes for this project. I'm always trying to expand my musical viewpoint, and I'm pretty sure Donell and I are pretty much opposites. This is very exciting (and a little bit scary), because I'm pretty sure I've never in my life listened to the type of music he'll recommend. Sparks may fly!

So if you're looking to stretch your musical tastes like I am, you should stick around!

Edit: it's come to my attention that I need to post a picture of myself. Feast your eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment